Pipejacking methods have significant benefits, not only to accuracy and being able to deal with a variety ground conditions, but more importantly it is proven to improve your carbon footprint of upto a staggering 90 percent in comparison to traditional Opencut techniques.
Its simply the use of a tunnelling machine and jacking rams to push pipes underground without disturbing that above it.
Pipe jacking dia. range from 1000mm to 2400mm
This method is commonly used to cross under railways, rivers, roads and where drainage is too deep to use traditional methods.
The benefits of Pipe Jacking
- Reduced environmental & residential disturbance
- Reduced requirement for utilities diversions in urban areas
- Inherent strength of lining
- Minimal surface disruption
- Less risk of settlement
- Minimal reinstatement
- Smooth internal finish giving good flow characteristics
- No requirement for secondary lining
- Considerably less joints than a segmental tunnel
- Prevention of ground water ingress by use of pipes with sealed flexible joints
- Provision of invert channels in larger pipes to contain the dry weather flow of a sewer in a combined system
- A virtually maintenance free construction
- Significant reduction in social costs when compared to open cut trenching in urban areas