Active Tunnelling Ltd are a UK based tunnelling contractor nearing our 26 year anniversary. We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to start in March.
- Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
- Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of valuations/applications for payment with supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
- Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
- Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
- Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Assist in cost control/cost mitigation.
- Use the cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
- Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as
- Positive engagement with Client equivalent position.
- Assist in the preparation of project final accounts.
- Drafting of subcontracts including professional services.
- Identification of insurance claims and understanding policy coverage.
- Submit payment applications
- Cash Management including WIP control and cash flow production
- CVR Forecast and Report
- Update risk and opportunity register
- Update accruals list
Skills and experience:
- HND/Degree Qualification
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience within a construction/engineering industry and commercial background.
- RC Frames and General Civils experience
- NEC experience an advantage
- Good communication skills including presentations and ability to negotiate and persuade others.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply please send your CV to KParkes@activetunnelling.com